1lb Ground Beef (Meat Sauce)
1 tsp minced garlic (Meat Sauce)
1 tsp salt (Meat Sauce)
1 16oz can diced tomatoes, undrained (Meat Sauce)
2 6oz cans tomato paste (Meat Sauce)
3 cups of cottage cheese, small curd (Cheese Filling)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Cheese Filling)
2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes (Cheese Filling)
2 beaten eggs (Cheese Filling)
2 teaspoons salt (Cheese Filling)
1/2 teaspoon pepper (Cheese Filling)
- Brown meat and drain. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stir occasionally. Add a little water if too dry (I add about 1/3 cup).
- Cook 8 oz lasagna noodles until tender, drain, and rinse in cold water or use oven ready noodles
- Mix all together in a large bowl.
- Cover bottom of 9x13 baking dish with half noodles to form a single layer. Spread half of the cheese mixture on top off noodles. Next place a single layer of wall to wall sliced mozzarella cheese on top of cheese mixture. Layer next with half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers again starting with noodles.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.